Friday, April 10, 2009

On turning 90

Isn't that amazing?
Granny is 90.
Entering her 91st yr.
In good health and of sound mind.
She is my aspiration.

I am hoping I make it to 90 and beyond intact.

All the changes she has witnessed, not just read about.
Actually seen through her eyes.
Lived through the depression & WW2.
From horse and buggy- to the car.
Dirt roads to Superhighways.
From radio-to tv- to internet and beyond.

And stories... stories of all kinds.
Hardship and happiness.
Funny and scary.
Love and loss.
It is all there, covered over 90 yrs.

Happy, Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

  1. A big old happy birthday to your granny!!!

    It really is quite astounding when one thinks of all that our elders have seen in thier lifetimes. I often marvel with that wrt my father - close to your granny's age at a ripe 86.

    Enjoy your day! Drink a toast to her for me towards many more healthy happy years!

    ~ Buffy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your Granny! I love hearing stories about people lasting that long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Grandad made it to 104 and my Grandmun to 103, I don't know how much that is in Metric but like it must be way up there, Huh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HB Gran!



    Finally, fame at last! My word verification is 'nobod'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Granny had a wonderful birthday!'
    She was very chatty and enjoyed herself and her day immensely.
    She said she is so lucky, and blessed.

    ReplyDelete

TROLLS & SPAM WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT HESITATION
KEEP IT RELEVANT. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS