Tuesday, December 15, 2009

From Al Gore's Investment Management to DeSmogBlog

There has been a heated discussion taking place here on the plethora of issues surrounding the concept of global warming. I notice that the supporters of a Copenhagen deal immediately decry anyone who questions this entire scenario with the backed by "big oil" accusation.
So naturally anyone who questions has an automatic conflict of interest.

Let's set that thought aside for now, and take a look at the source often used as reference to back up the assertation, "big oil" backing the questioners.

A blog called DeSmogBlog. A play on the Quebecois accent?

Nice blog, lots of work put into it, and not a free use blog..like the one I post on.
I guess all my big oil funding, isn't that big. lol.
Anyway, I am curious, as always, what is dis DeSmogBlog? Who is behind it? How much money does it take to run this slick site? So, whilst in this curious state I click the About Us button.

"The DeSmogBlog team is led by Jim Hoggan, founder of James Hoggan & Associates, one of Canada's leading public relations firms"

Hm! A public relations firm running,in my opinion, a foolishly named blog.
Well I am sure they must have done some market research for that one?
But, my thought here is public relations firms are employed by someone, payed for by someone.
After all a public relations firm is there to make money.
So let's do a little more digging, shall we?

Reading more I come to this:
"His client list includes real estate development companies, high tech firms, pharmaceutical, forest industry giants, resorts and academic institutions."

But, when I clicked the link I got a 404, Not Found.
A dead end? Not for me.

I do a bit more searching on Jim Hoggan and I find he sits on the Board of Directors of The Climate Project Canada
And when one looks at the home page for Climate Project Canada, there is the face of Al Gore.
That is when I had my AHA moment! AHA!
Let's go over to Mr. Gore's Carbon Trading Website: Generation Investment Management LLP
This is Al Gore's pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, the very, very profitable carbon trade market. His very glaring conflict of interest!
Now go over to the link Partnerships
Here is the list:

Oh looky, looky! The Climate Project! The very same Climate Project that has Jim Hoggan on the board of directors.
The very same Jim Hoggan that is running DeSmogBlog, fully staffed!

Now, we should be able to put two and two together and figure out that Jim Hoggan and his PR Firm have to be in the employ of Al Gore's Generation Investment Management LLP.
Because PR Firms are employed by someone, staff has to be payed somehow?
Making DeSmogBlog a site that has it's own bias and it's own unique conflict of interest.

Reading here, don't miss this

3 comments:

  1. Fine work. And isn't it weird how easy it is to find these connections?

    On another note, have you seen the newest entry on whatsupwiththat? Do you remember when I said that ClimateGate is different to all the scandals that were revealed yet? Here is an example of what I meant with that. It's still only starting but it bubbles slowly and continuously up.

    http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/12/14/doe-sends-a-litigation-hold-notice-regarding-cru-to-employees-asking-to-preserve-documents/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, all it took was time and fortunately I had time this am, to work on it.
    What was interesting the supposed "right wing" press in canada could have done the same thing, but they didn't. And they have way greater resources then I, plus they get paid, ya know salaries, which I do not.

    Interestingly they just want to put up some sort of superficial challenge, not a real one.

    It's like good cop/bad cop, but the goal is the same

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an excellent bit of work; lots of tasty truffles turned up!

    Thanks for the good job.

    ReplyDelete

TROLLS & SPAM WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT HESITATION
KEEP IT RELEVANT. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS