Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ellen Browns- Web of Debt

What am I reading right now?
Web of Debt-The Shocking Truth about our Money System.
(So far, so good)

You can read a bit of the book at that link.
It is very accessible. By that, I mean it is easy to read and easily understood.
Which is great! Because this is perceived to be a difficult topic, only because it has been obscured by alot of subterfuge.

I want to include a brief quote from Pg.31, some food for thought?

This from Bernard Lietaer:

Greed and competion are not a result of immutable human temperment.... Greed and fear of scarcity are in fact continuously created and amplified as a direct result of the kind of money we are using

The scarcity is in our national currencies. In fact, the job of central banks is to create and maintain the currency scarcity. The direct consequence is that we have to fight with each other in order to survive.
I interpret this as the banks are Malthusian promoters of class warfare. Just a thought.
Perhaps you have a different one?


  1. Penny, that quote of Bernard Lietaer's is a perfect summary of it all. There is, in fact, very little that is effectively scarce in this world except money.

    Monetarise everything (i.e. make everything available only in exchange for money) then make money scarce and voila, universal scarcity.

  2. Hey James!

    "that quote of Bernard Lietaer's is a perfect summary of it all"

    yes it is, or at least I thought it was, glad you agreed :)

    I think that is why I had thought of Malthus running through my head when I read that..

    Have you read the book at all?
    So far I am enjoying it quite a bit.
    I will likely post more thought provoking tidbits as I go along.

    The early American history is quite interesting.The colonies using their own scrip. King George coming down on them, of course in subservience to the banksters.

    Who will not be happy until all of humanity is reduced to serfdom.

  3. No, Penny, I haven't read Ellen Brown's book, just excerpts and reviews - all good.

    Mention of Malthus brings some points to mind, though. In the 70's there was much talk about not being able to feed the current (then) population. Well, the population has doubled since then so feeding them then really wasn't beyond possibilities at all.

    Farmers are still being paid subsidies to not plant some crops so it's all about maintaining prices. Almost all of the world's grains go through the hands of just a few companies; Cargill is the main one.

    And the growing populations are in the third world where there is no social welfare aside from your own children. In the West, declining (or zero growth) populations are the norm without immigration.

  4. good points you have raised james, I didn't realize that, in the 70's there was talk of not being able to produce enough food, but, then I was like 7, when the decade rolled over.

    re Ellen browns book, if you lived near me, I would gladly lend it to you, sadly I do not think you do live near me.

    But, if you ever get a hold of a copy, I would say right now, it is a must read.
    I am even reading excerpts to my husband..