I am not sure exactly... what it isn't is big news. Or even new.
Read on and you will understand where I am coming from-
We have news of a “statement” being signed at the UN. It is odd to read some of the western media reporting.
Like this headline..: Russia aligns with UN on urging Syria to accept peace plan
Did Russia align with the UN? From where I sit the answer is NO.
Had Russia aligned with the UN, actually aligned with the UN, this would have been a Security Council Resolution and the UN would have quickly endorsed an attack.
This is not what happened.
It is however the spin on the situation. Which is clear if one bothers to do more then headline skim.
“Although the original Western-drafted statement had to be diluted at Russia’s demand”
Like I said... the West diluted to meet Russia’s demands. But as we will see, not Russia's alone.
The western media then proceeds to spin this as a blow to Assad
I am not so sure about that.
What the West agreed to is a watered down statement, a so-called “presidential statement,” which is a generally non-binding document that nonetheless require unanimous support in the Security Council. So it is an agreement to a statement of conditions.
Hillary Clinton “hailed” the statement signing
That is not really a surprise. In the world of politics, everything has to be spun in the best light possible. What is she really going to say, dammit we couldn’t get our war on? That would be to obvious. I also note by her choice of words she is keeping to the bogus narrative
‘"We are also calling on the Syrian military to refuse orders to fire on their fellow citizens,"
Note to Hillary, as you are aware, the Syrian military is not targeting their fellow citizens
They are being targeted by your NATO goons.
I am curious about this six point plan, which coincidentally or not, China was promoting at the beginning of the March- and curiously or not was welcomed at that time by Syria
China's Peace Plan for Syria
Six-Point Plan as reported by the official Xinhua News Agency
1. The Syrian Government and all parties concerned should immediately, fully and unconditionally cease all acts of violence, particularly violence against innocent civilians. Various factions in Syria should express political aspirations through non-violent means.
Are the NATO destabilizers going to go along with this?
2. The Syrian Government and various factions should bear in mind the long-term and fundamental interests of their country and people, immediately launch an inclusive political dialogue with no preconditions attached or outcome predetermined through impartial mediation of the Joint Special Envoy of the United Nations (U.N.) and the Arab League (AL) agree on a comprehensive and detailed road-map and timetable for reform through consultation and implement them as soon as possible with a view to restoring national stability and public order.
3. China supports the U.N.' s leading role in coordinating humanitarian relief efforts. China maintains that under the precondition of respecting Syria's sovereignty, the U.N. or an impartial body acceptable to all parties should make an objective and comprehensive assessment of the humanitarian situation in Syria, ensure the delivery and distribution of humanitarian aid. China is ready to provide humanitarian assistance to the Syrian people. We oppose anyone interfering in Syria' s internal affairs under the pretext of "humanitarian" issues.
4. Relevant parties of the international community should earnestly respect the independence, sovereignty, unity and territorial integrity of Syria and the right of the Syrian people to independently choose their political system and development path, create conditions and provide necessary and constructive assistance for the various political factions of Syria to launch dialogue, and respect the outcome of dialogue. China does not approve of armed interference or pushing for "regime change" in Syria, and believes that use or threat of sanctions does not help to resolve this issue appropriately.
5. China welcomes the appointment of the Joint Special Envoy on the Syrian crisis by the U.N .and the AL and supports him in playing a constructive role in bringing about the political resolution of the crisis. China supports the active efforts made by the Arab states and the AL to promote a political solution to the crisis.
6. Members of the Security Council should strictly abide by the purposes and principles of the U.N. Charter and the basic norms governing international relations. As a permanent member of the Security Council, China is ready to earnestly fulfill its responsibilities, engage in equal-footed, patient and full consultation with other parties on the political solution to the Syrian crisis in an effort to safeguard the unity of the Security Council.
As stated above- Syria welcomes China's six-point statement for political resolution on the Syrian issue: Chinese envoy
Of course the six point Chinese plan/Syrian welcoming of it, didn’t get any western coverage at the time it was taking place.
In my opinion this is what was adopted at the UN.
China’s Peace Plan already pre- welcomed by Syria.
It looks as if the West blinked. But, for how long?
Did the West agree to this "statement" to buy some time as their war games and terrorists were unable to secure necessary territory etc?
As most of us are aware Human Rights Watch came out very timidly mentioning the fact that the rebels are torturing Syrians. Hilary failed to mention that.
As for HRW...what choice did they have? Retain a sliver of credibility or lose it all?
In my book, they have no credibility. The backed killers in Libya, aided in the destruction of that nation and they did the same kind of weak face saving tactic. Human Rights Watch is exactly that, a watch group. And what good is that really? Weak kneed and malleable.
A rebel fighters wires pipe bombs.