Monday, December 24, 2012

Charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business.

A Christmas Carol is flat out the best of the holiday movies, though I prefer the black and white over the coloured version. Sadly, the only clip I could find was the one below

`You are fettered,'' said Scrooge, trembling. ``Tell me why?'' 
 ``I wear the chain I forged in life,'' replied the Ghost. ``I made it link by link, and yard by yard; I girded it on of my own free will, and of my own free will I wore it. Is its pattern strange to you?''

Scrooge trembled more and more.

``Or would you know,'' pursued the Ghost, ``the weight and length of the strong coil you bear yourself? It was full as heavy and as long as this, seven Christmas Eves ago. You have laboured on it, since. It is a ponderous chain!''

Scrooge glanced about him on the floor, in the expectation of finding himself surrounded by some fifty or sixty fathoms of iron cable: but he could see nothing.

``Jacob,'' he said, imploringly. ``Old Jacob Marley, tell me more. Speak comfort to me, Jacob.''

``I have none to give,'' the Ghost replied. ``It comes from other regions, Ebenezer Scrooge, and is conveyed by other ministers, to other kinds of men. Nor can I tell you what I would. A very little more, is all permitted to me. I cannot rest, I cannot stay, I cannot linger anywhere. My spirit never walked beyond our counting-house -- mark me! -- in life my spirit never roved beyond the narrow limits of our money-changing hole; and weary journeys lie before me!'' 

 Clearly, though many years have passed not much of anything has changed.
Charity, mercy, forbearance and benevolence are the business of humans.
Yet, these are not the characteristics foremost in our minds all year long.
Why do we need  a day, one day a year to recall these human traits?
Should we not hold these traits to be true all year round, year after year.
Should we keep the 'money changers' from extorting the masses through usury?
Should we take actions that deny this preying upon?
Should we keep in mind that the business of humans and humanity is Charity, Mercy, Forbearance and Benevolence?
That the business of humanity is not the business of usary, abusive labour practices, cruelty and greed.
Nor is it war, disease, famine and destruction
Humans have no need for these cruelties. Humans have no want for these cruelties.
Not the masses of peoples the world over.

Keeping that in mind, I make the same wish, every year.
Peace on Earth: Good will towards all Mankind
It can happen. We only have to make it so.
All the best to the numerous world visitors that stop on by. However you see fit to spend the next couple days, keep it well.

To those who have left well wishes, Thanks and back at you all.


  1. What she said.

    Thank you for all your hard work throughout the years, Penny, and please keep at it. I have a feeling 2013 is going to be rather intense and full of unfortunate stories to document. :(

    And may God bless all of your souls (not your bank accts and the desires of human flesh!) in every possible way. :)

    1. Hey LVB: Your welcome and thanks for reading.
      I will soon begin my sixth year of blogging
      Man a lot of news has been read so many stories and I mean that literally -stories: fabrications: lies
      Non stop
      No wonder my head spins from it all sometimes
      It is incomprehensible to me that more people cannot see through the many lies
      I mean it is all so similar
      I think 2013 is going to be intense also
      I am wondering about the solar activity this year?
      Looks like it is going to be big and perhaps problematic
      Then of course there is endless war
      And the carbon agenda to pick the pockets of humanity clean
      If there is anything left to pick that is?

  2. Replies
    1. Merry Chritmas to you also Aangirfan
      May we keep plugging along
      or chugging along

      I think I can, I think I can...... I know I can. I know I can

  3. Merry Christmas Penny... and all of God's gifts and grace in 2013.

    1. Egoigwe;

      thanks and same to you! :)
      I hope all is well where you are?
      Glad to know you are still around

      though I note the proxy Islamists of US/Israel are still "up to tricks" to use that euphemism
      For those who may not know I am referring to the Islamists known as Boko Harum

      Boko Harum = mercs in Syria= mercs in Libya
      the same ilk

    2. Word perfect, couldn't put it any better Penny. Yup, and the US is contemplating putting boots on the ground to 'protect' us poor, helpless citizens from the seeds of destruction and mayhem that they've sown... just as long as our oil doesn't stop flowing and our mineral resources stay out of the hands of China etc.

      Boko Haram is the gun US/Israel has pointed to our heads, with a banner on it that says "behave yourselves or else..."

      Life is a bitch wherever that black curse called oil flows.

  4. peace on earth .,..good will to....well are EU and US/canada etc showing the christmas / christian spirit?

    1. Hey Brian
      no the EU/US/Canada governments are not showing christmas spirit or christian spirit whatever that is supposed to be exactly???

      But a great many individual citizens are showing peace on earth and goodwill to all mankind

      It is the individuals that will change the paradigm
      not the governments

  5. christmas spirit is unislamist

    #FSA see a passenger plane, they hesitate til a Sheik Ahmad confirms yeah shoot at it & they do. … … …

  6. Caucuses stirring

    and the Georgia purge...

    What to make of the Kazak crash..
    Kazakhstan’s acting border service chief was among 27 people killed in a military plane crash Tuesday near a southern city (appointed after a mass shooting on China border where a lone gunman was responsible).

    The sole border guard to survive the shooting confessed during a subsequent trial that he killed his colleagues, but retracted his confession after being handed a life sentence, saying unidentified people in civilian clothes were responsible.

    Kyrgz says no US base

    1. Anonymous Linkie person!!!!!
      I am so glad you mentioned the Khazak crash
      Boy that one just made me go hmmm...
      I will check out your links
      and hope you enjoyed your holidays

  7. It's done honey!

    Talk about totally freaky... I am still jumping out of my skin!!

    Cheers sweetie and hope to talk again soon, minus the 'drama'.



  8. Alastair Sim was a comic genius.