Though it can be found at the Hindu, also.
During the clashes at Quneitra crossing Israel threatened to attack Syrian Forces.
Not a surprise in the least. Israel would, of course, be fulfilling it's role as protector, transporter and enabler to NATO's armed terrorist forces in Syria. A role they have embraced, wholeheartedly for quite some time now.
For what it is worth:
If Israel doesn't want Syrian Army present in the area. Israel should stop aiding and abetting the terrorizing and destabilization of Syrians in Syria.
Rather then threaten the Syrian Army with attack Israel should restrain itself.
It is that simple.
UN peacekeeping chief Herve Ladsous said at a closed emergency session of the UN Security Council on Friday night that Israel threatened to attack President Bashar Assad's troops near the border with Syria, during clashes Thursday between rebels and the Assad regime.Ladsous should inform us all of how Israel is enabling the terrorizing of Syria- and yet that is left out.. Why?
A senior IDF official confirmed Saturday that Israel did indeed pass that warning to the Syrians.
During the meeting with 15 members of the Security Council in New York, Ladsous said that the Israel Defence Forces and Syrian military were on the verge of the most direct military clash between the neighboring countries on the Golan Heights front in the past 40 years.
Blogger Nabil Abi Saab published a UN document on his blog UN Report, which contains most of what Ladsous said at the New York meeting. The document, titled "Note on developments in UNDOF," said that after the rebels' conquest of Quneitra, the Syrian military put five tanks and five armored personnel carriers in the demilitarized buffer zone in the Golan.
This extraordinary Syrian step jolted the IDF troops in the area, and even reached the office of Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon. "The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) informed the UNDOF Force Commander that should the movement of SAAF tanks continue, the IDF would take action," the document states. "Subsequently, the UNDOF Force Commander conveyed the message to the Senior Syrian Arab Delegate (SSAD), UNDOF’s main interlocutor on the Bravo side."
The Syrian response was quick to arrive, according to the document. "The SSAD informed the UNDOF Force Commander that the presence of the tanks was solely for the purpose of fighting the armed members of the opposition and asked that the IDF not take action."
The senior IDF officer said Saturday: "We passed a message via UNDOF in which we demanded the Syrians take their tanks out of the demilitarized zone, and we made it clear that if the tanks work against us we will attack them."
The IDF spokesperson said in a statement that the IDF maintains constant contact with UN forces.
Ladsous told the UNSC meet that, at the time of the meeting, the Syrians had four tanks and three armed personnel carriers in the demilitarized zone, a breach of the May 1974 disengagement agreement between Israel and Syria. He added that Israel informed the UNDOF commander that it had given medical treatment to 16 armed Syrian opposition members, all of whom were returned to the Syrian side of the border after treatment.
Worries over the aftermath of Austria's withdrawal of its some 300 troops from the 1,000 strong UNDOF force were also discussed at Friday's UNSC session.This a note was submitted to the Security Council on Friday, 7 June 2013, by Herve Ladsous, UN Under Secretary General for Peacekeeping Operations, diplomats said.
British Ambassador Mark Lyall Grant, president of the Security Council this month, told reporters after the session that the council is examining the possibility of changing the force's mandate, in a way that would strengthen its abilities to function under the current regional climate.
Grant stated that on June 26, a vote will take place on extending the forces' presence by six months. Before the referendum, UNDOF will present the Security Council with various possibilities for reworking the peacekeeping force’s mandate.
The British ambassador also stated that in the meantime, the Security Council has approached the Austrian government with a request to put off recalling the Austrian troops for as long as possible, in order to provide more time for an alternative solution to be found. Grant pointed out that UNDOF also approached India and the Philippines with requests to send additional troops to complement the forces those nations have already provided. A similar request was made to Fiji, which too provides a small contingent of soldiers to UNDOF.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday, amid the escalated fighting in Syria and the question marks over the UN's peacekeeping force at the Israel-Syria border. The conversation took place shortly after Putin offered to beef up the United Nations' presence along the border. The offer was declined by the United Nations.
The Kremlin spokesman who announced that the conversation took place said Netanyahu and Putin discussed the situation in Syria, but did not provide further details as to the content of their conversation.
UN document: Syrian Army asked IDF not to hit its tanks in Golan at 10:17 AM
Note on developments in UNDOF
1. On the morning of 6 June, heavy clashes between the Arab Armed Forces (SAAF) and armed members of the opposition occurred in the area of separation, particularly in the vicinity of Quneitra and Qataniyah near the Bravo Gate (the entry point on the Bravo side to and from the Israeli-occupied Golan, maintained by Syrian authorities). UNDOF also reported shelling in the vicinity of Khan Arnabeh, Al Samdaniyah and Trunji, and mortar fire in the United Nations Observation Post 52, in the area of separation. Tank shells and mortars impacted in the vicinity of United Nations Position 60A. As a result of the fighting, several impacts of indirect mortar and heavy-machine gun fire hit the UNDOF Logistic Base, Camp Ziouani, located on the Alpha side (Israeli-occupied Golan). Two UNDOF personnel at Camp Ziouani sustained minor injuries and are in stable condition. UNDOF is currently assessing the extent of the damage to the facility. During the fighting UNDOF personnel at United Nations Positions 22, 25, 27 and 60 in the area of separation took shelter in their positions. UNDOF personnel at the Charlie Gate (on the ceasefire line and manned by UNDOF) relocated temporarily to the Alpha side.
2. During the clashes, SAAF reinforced its presence in the area of separation with five main battle tanks and five armoured personnel carriers, moving in the direction of Quneitra. The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) informed the UNDOF Force Commander that should the movement of SAAF tanks continue, the IDF would take action. Subsequently, the UNDOF Force Commander conveyed the message to the Senior Syrian Arab Delegate (SSAD), UNDOF’s main interlocutor on the Bravo side. The SSAD informed the UNDOF Force Commander that the presence of the tanks was solely for the purpose of fighting the armed members of the opposition and asked that the IDF not take action. Also, during the fighting, armed members of the opposition took control temporarily of the Bravo Gate. After several hours of Clashes between the SAAF and the armed members of the opposition, the SAAF regained control of the Bravo Gate and fighting in the area had subsided. Currently, four main battle tanks and three armoured personnel carriers remain in the area of separation, in violation of the Disengagement Agreement.
3. The SSAD informed UNDOF that SSAD Liaison Officers at the Bravo Gate suffered fatalities. The Government of Israel Liaison Officer informed UNDOF that the IDF had provided emergency medical treatment to a total of 16 armed members of the opposition, all of whom had been returned to the Bravo side. UNDOF does not have any additional information on casualties or fatalities among SAAF or armed members of the opposition.
4. Throughout the fighting, the UNDOF Force Commander remained in contact with both sides in an effort to prevent an escalation of the situation across the ceasefire line, and to ensure the safety and security of United Nations personnel.
5. As stated by the Secretary - General, further to the announced decision by the Government of Austria to withdraw its contingent from UNDOF, the United Nations is approaching Member States in an effort to identify urgently new contributors or additional contributions to UNDOF.
If you are at all unfamiliar with Thursday's clashes at Queneitra
Read this first: Syrian Army takes Golan Crossing: Media obfuscates Israeli role as safe haven