Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Gnostic Media RIP David McGowan: Laurel Canyon- Covert Ops & Dark Heart of the Hippie Dream

 "It has come to my attention that Dave succumbed to cancer yesterday, Nov. 22, at 12:47 PM"

Jan @ Gnostic Media & Podcasts  reposted the two interviews he did with David McGowan, a couple of years back, the day after Dave passed on.

I'm putting  both interviews up here again:

Episode # 1

This episode is an interview with Dave McGowan, titled “The CIA and the “Magic” of Laurel Canyon – Covert Ops & the Dark Heart of the Hippie Dream” and is being released on Sunday, December 01, 2013. This interview with Dave was recorded today.

Episode # 2 
 Today Dave McGowan rejoins the Gnostic Media podcast for part 2 to discuss “The CIA and the Music of Laurel Canyon – The Magic Carpet Ride”. This episode is being released on Tuesday, April 8, 2014, and was recorded April 3, 2014.


  1. Blogger was making this post very difficult
    So give both interviews a listen, download if you wish
    Just enjoy them- It was great of Jan Irvin to put these up again
    Thanks Jan!- Gnostic Media is always linked in the sidebar

  2. Sad to hear, Dave was a fantastic writer and researcher, and gave us all much pause for thought; illuminated many conspiracies ongoing and historical that were hidden in plain sight; and entertained thoroughly by bringing that to us all with his wry and ironic sense of humour.

    His family should be very proud of him, and his legacy is his research and writings. Hopefully his website remains up or is archived in some way.

  3. SLOZO!!!!!
    OMG, where have you been?!
    I've been thinking about you and hoping I hadn't lost my wayward one :)
    Hope you don't mind?
    And you came back on my birthday, well that pleases me to no end!

    As for Dave, yah, it's sad
    I relistened to the interviews and thought about Dave- such an everyday person
    I had the opportunity to chat with him briefly over the phone and we being of around the same age- were so 'old school' admittedly
    I sent him payment via snail mail
    and he sent the most lovely autographed copy of his book
    much more then I had expected- as in I though he would put his name, but, no he took the time to write a brief sentence and it was very nice.
    I look at the autograph, but, left the book as it was sent and bought another copy to read- talking to him I realized he was just like me
    down to earth- family person- tried to sort truth from lies as best he could
    but the last little bit had took a toll on him- he lost his home and and at times sounded quite despondent (cohosting with Meria Heller) you knew he was in trouble- and then the diagnosis.

    His family should be proud of him and I am certain they would be
    glad you dropped by :)

  4. Mm.

    Been busy, that's where I've been . . . just don't have the minutes in the day to spend on the net. I do check up on you and read regularly, just haven't been commenting very much at all I guess.

    Happy Birthday, Pen! Enjoy it, my own son's birthday is this weekend as well. :)

    1. slozo- I hope your son had a great day! :)

  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    1. Thanks David; Another David- Got one of my own :)

      Dave McGowan did provide a bunch of information, very accessible to anyone-
      I was listening to an interview Jan did regarding abiotic oil and who was the first person I had read, writing about that topic?
      Dave McGowan!

      My political activity is all here- my days of participating alongside so called legitimate political parties are over with-
      I thank you for appreciating the work I do put in to this place.
      It's quite a bit of work and it's appreciated by a small, by mass media standards crowd, but, I definitely know my audience is vastly more enlightened then the run of the mill crowd