Did the strike really take place?
And if so why didn't Israel or the US mention it yesterday?
Haven't had enough time to dig in or digest, but, a round up of news stories is linked below:
Israel confirms strike on Syria targeted weapons : Destroyed 'game-changing' shipment of missiles
Israeli officials confirmed Saturday the country's air force carried out a strike against Syria and say it targeted a shipment of advanced missiles bound for the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah.The officials said the attack took place early Friday and targeted sophisticated "game-changing" weapons. One official said the target was a shipment of advanced, long-range ground-to-ground missiles.
It was not immediately clear where the airstrike took place, or whether the air force carried out the strike from Lebanese or Syrian airspace.
The Israeli officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were discussing a secret military operation.
There was no immediate comment from Syrian officials, and no word of the airstrike on Syrian state media.
The Telegraph is full of hot air with that headline and many of it's claims....
Something has changed in Israel's calculations over how far to involve itself in the Syrian disaster, and perhaps in America’s too.
BBC News - 1 hour ago
Unnamed US-based Israeli officials said the target was a shipment of arms destined for Lebanon's Hezbollah. The governments of Israel and Syria have not yet commented on the strike. Israel launched a similar strike in January
And yet BBC used pics of an alleged, claimed massacre?Reports of the air strike first emerged in US media reports quoting unnamed US officials.
Israeli officials later told journalists that the strike had taken place early on Friday.
The US let this out first?
Sana is reporting nothing about this at all
The United States believes Israel has conducted an airstrike into Syria, two U.S. officials first told CNN.
U.S. and Western intelligence agencies are reviewing classified data showing Israel most likely conducted a strike in the Thursday-Friday time frame, according to both officials. This is the same time frame that the U.S. collected additional data showing Israel was flying a high number of warplanes over Lebanon.One official said the United States had limited information so far and could not yet confirm those are the specific warplanes that conducted a strike. Based on initial indications, the U.S. does not believe Israeli warplanes entered Syrian airspace to conduct the strikes.
Israel: Syrian chemical arms safe, Hezbollah does not want them
Above article contains a named individual, Defense Ministry strategist Amos Gilad.A senior Israeli official said on Saturday that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad retains control of Syria's reputed chemical weapons and they are not sought by his Hezbollah guerrilla allies in neighboring Lebanon.Defense Ministry strategist Amos Gilad spoke after another Israeli official disclosed that Israel had sent warplanes on Friday to attack a Hezbollah-bound missile shipment in Syria, where Assad is battling a more than two-year-old insurgency.
Israel has long made clear it is prepared to resort to force to prevent advanced Syrian weapons reaching Hezbollah or jihadi rebels. In late January, regional sources said Israel destroyed a convoy carrying Syrian anti-aircraft missiles to Hezbollah.
"Syria has large amounts of chemical weaponry and missiles. Everything there is under (Assad government) control," Gilad said in a speech.
"Hezbollah does not have chemical weaponry. We have ways of knowing. They are not keen to take weaponry like this, preferring systems that can cover all of the country (Israel)," he said.
He was apparently referring to Hezbollah's conventional ground-to-ground missiles, whose number the Israelis put at around 60,000.
"Chemical weapons kill those who use them," Gilad added.
All the articles referring to the alleged Israeli strike on Syria are based on anonymous sources. Unnamed sources
SANA is still reporting no news of a strike. Which is unusual.
UPDATE From Lebanon media
Mansour: Israeli air breaches pose danger to region
(Last updated: May 04, 2013 02:10 PM)
Foreign Minister Adnan Mansour said Saturday that Israel’s ongoing violations of Lebanese airspace would not provide it the security it seeks and urged the international community to help end such breaches from taking place in the future.
Breaching UN resolutions, of course...
Israel has intensified the rate of its flights over Lebanese airspace over the past several days, a development security sources attribute to the monitoring of cross-border weapons transfers with Syria.
In contrast to the routine near-daily flight patterns by Israeli jets, unusual flight patterns were recorded in the last 48 hours by the Lebanese Army.
Israeli planes continued to breach Lebanon’s airspace overnight Friday with sighting over the capital as well as northern and southern areas of the country.
According to the Lebanese Army, Israeli jets flew over the coast of Batroun and Shekka, both in north Lebanon, parts of south Lebanon and the capital.
“Between 8 p.m. and 11.05 p.m. [Friday], four Israeli warplanes violated Lebanese airspace over the maritime areas in Shekka and Batroun and executed circular flights above different Lebanese areas,” the Army said in a statement Saturday.
Between 10 p.m. and 1:35 a.m. the planes began exiting Lebanese airspace from the southern towns of Alma Shaeb and Rmeish, the Army said.
Another plane, according to the Army statement, violated Lebanon’s airspace at 10.30 p.m., flying over Naqoura, southern Lebanon. It exited Lebanese airspace at 3 a.m. Saturday after flying over Beirut, Riaq, Baalbek and Hermel.
President Michel Sleiman condemned Friday the recent Israeli violations of Lebanese sovereignty, calling them a continuation of the Jewish state’s “policy of intimidation” and a bid to destabilize the country.
No mention of any strikes whatsoever?
At this point, it is still unclear whether any strike actually took place
And a couple of hours later, it is still unclear whether an Israeli airstrike really took place
A couple of issues:
-This is a rehash of a previous situation.
-The alleged prior strike along the Lebanese border as claimed by Israel did not take place.
-The msm is still reporting this all as "belief" An arms convoy was the exact same pretense the first time around. As in the previous scenario the NATO mercs are making alternative claims.
-When the previous strike by Israel occurred SANA reported the strike in a different location and went directly to the UN(useless nations) to lodge a complaint.
-Also a concern? The headline of a major Canadian newspaper is screaming preparations in northern Syria for an alleged chemical attack. All coming from the NATO opposition, of course.
-Print edition headline "Syrians brace for chemical attacks"
-That headline is front and center. Which leaves me with the feeling of a very, very orchestrated PR campaign...
I could be wrong, but so far.....nothing but beliefs and claims