It's freezing. We had all our garden plants in the house last night. In pots big and small.
May 05/20: 'Polar vortex' about to hit Ontario will bring arctic air to province
On the heels of a colder-than-normal April, early May might not be shaping up the way Ontarians had hoped it would.
On Tuesday morning, Toronto started the day with a low temperature of -0.4 C at Pearson International Airport – not a record-setting low, but the first time in 15 years that the city had dipped below the freezing mark in the month of May.
It’s expected to happen again this week, with lows forecast below 0 C on Friday and Saturday mornings.
In a pattern like Ontario has this week, cold air sinks south from Canada's arctic down into the province.Apparently the Arctic isn't all warm and melty?
This week’s pattern could end up leading to record-breaking cold temperatures as we head into the weekend – just in time for Mother’s Day.
Not only will it be colder than normal, but snow will be possible in some areas this week, too.
- May 04/20: Polar vortex could bring historically cold temperatures to Ontario, Canada- AGW where art thou?
- Happy Freezing Earth Day- Windsor Breaks 1950 Cold...
- Cold Arctic Air Returns?- With Snow- Late April
- Let it Snow, let it Snow, let it Snow- April 15/2020...
- It's Snowing. Fluffly flakes and all
From earlier today: